First Day of Skool

 . . . is always loveliest.

Okay, okay, I'm neither taking nor teaching any classes this year -- one of the perks of the Writing Fellowship. But I still love the feel of fall and the excitement of first day. After four months of campus being a ghost town, seeing all the students on campus energizes me.

Although I'm not taking or teaching classes, I will be sitting in on my director's Game of Thrones this Thursday. Got a number of friends in it, and it'll be a nice way to stay in touch with the department. It's real easy, otherwise, to feel like you no longer belong.

Interesting tidbit: since Martina worked the admin side of academic, she always hated the beginning of the semester. Can't say I blame her, hearing her stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem