Reviews Editor for Fafnir. (Also, the Baum Bugle!)


Well, a minor happy piece of personal news this Thanksgiving -- looks like I'll be the new Reviews Editor for Fafnir: A Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research. I actually applied for the open editor in chief position, which I also applied to last year, but I came in a narrow second. 

Still, luck was with me. The editorial board had already decided to expand their reviews section (monographs and dissertations both), and they decided to offer me the position before placing any open calls. Well, I love books reviews, so this is really quite good. Plus it won't be as time intensive as the full editor in chief position, so this will provide more time for personal research. It's a win-win situation here. I'm looking forward to starting. Fafnir publishes four times a year, so the current issue is now being laid out. I'll be starting officially in January 2018.

In other news, my friend Sarah H. is also about to assume the editor in chief position for The Baum Bugle. This publication has been around, literally, for decades, and Sarah -- as a lifelong L. Frank Baum fan -- has read virtually every issue of it. This is such a cool thing, and I'm pretty proud of her.

On the plus side, she already commissioned me to write a short piece on The Magic of Oz, which will get its 100-year centennial in 2019. Looking forward to that, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Fantasy Bestsellers through 1990

Thoughts upon Reading Tolkien's New & Expanded LETTERS

Uncovering CS Lewis's First Religious Poem